In 1913, the county opened Lanier High School on Forsyth Street, named for poet and Macon native Sidney Lanier.The school split in 1924 into separate schools for boys and girls, with the boys moving to a campus on Holt Avenue, and the girls remaining on Forsyth Street. Miller Senior High School for Girls, named for Alexander Lawton Miller, on Montpelier Avenue, blocks from Lanier's Holt campus.Eventually, girls were allowed to take some courses on the boys' campus (such as physics or German, courses not taught on the girls' campus).Finally, girls and boys were completely integrated in the courses, although their supervisions (homerooms) remained sex-segregated until 1981.In 1870, when Georgia established a true public school system, the Bibb County Board of Education and Orphanage was established to operate a school system for the county.
Raped teens, daughters embedded on rape videos and photo galleries.
Both Miller and Central were larger than many middle and high schools at the time (though the Southwest complex was much larger), and faced numerous hardships due to this fact.
In 1992, Central began offering courses in preparation for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) curriculum; the first exams were given in May 1996.
The school's JROTC program received national honors.
1958 marked a major change for public education in Bibb County, as Willingham and Mc Evoy High Schools opened for boys and girls, respectively, meaning that for the first time, white students in Bibb County were divided by attendance zones.